We spent many hours on research to finding cooling system additve, reading product features, product specifications for this guide. For those of you who wish to the best cooling system additve, you should not miss this article. cooling system additve coming in a variety of types but also different price range. The following is the top 10 cooling system additve by our suggestions
866 reviews analysed
1. Royal Purple ROY01600 PURPLE ICE SUPER COOLANT, 12 oz, 1 Pack
- 2-in-1 corrosion inhibitor and wetting agent enhanced protection of aluminum
- Reduces surface tension of coolant allowing heat to transfer outside the radiator for more horsepower
- Reduces hot spots in the engine and cylinder heads to help prevent failure of critical engine components
- Maintains a cleaner system, prevents overheating and extends the life of the water pump
- Safe to use in water or anti-freeze/water blends
Purple Ice is a high performance, synthetic, radiator coolant additive. It reduces engine heat by reducing the surface tension of the radiator fluids for improved heat transfer. Purple Ice fosters optimum coolant flow by helping to prevent formation of scale deposits in the radiator. It also lubricates the water pump seals. Purple Ice should always be used in conjunction with antifreeze in regions where freezing temperatures occur. Purple Ice is recommended for any water/glycol pressurized cooling system, including those using the traditional green silicate based glycols or the newer OAT or HOAT based glycols.
Royal Purple’s Purple Ice is a high performance radiator conditioner. Its advanced 2-in-1 corrosion inhibitor and wetting agent provides year-round defense against corrosion. Purple Ice also reduces the surface tension of the radiator coolant to help reduce engine temperatures.
Reduces Coolant Temperatures
Extensive testing confirms Purple Ice reduces coolant temperatures better than comparable products while providing extra corrosion protection.
- Up to 22°F Reduction of Coolant Temperature–Reduces surface tension of a coolant allowing more heat to transfer outside the radiator resulting in more horsepower
- Maximum Protection–Reduces hot spots in the engine and cylinder heads, reducing the possibility of engine failure
- Cleans and Extends Equipment Life–Helps prevent overheating, keeps the system clean and extends the life of the water pump
- Superior Corrosion Protection–Enhanced aluminum protection that combats corrosion, electrolysis and erosion
- Compatible–Provides complete protection in straight water or coolant/anti-freeze mixes and safe for track use
Directions: Shake Well Before Using
Make sure cooling system works properly and is free of blockage and corrosion. Bottled, filtered drinking water is recommended. Distilled water not recommended, unless mixed with 50% antifreeze.
Use one (1) oz per quart of coolant with 50/50 mix or two (2) oz per quart of coolant with straight water. Replace annually or every 30,000 miles, whichever comes first.
IMPORTANT NOTES: Purple Ice does NOT provide freeze protection. Follow manufacturer recommendations when antifreeze is required. Royal Purple recommends that you drain and flush your system if you’ve used another brand of coolant additive. Purple Ice will NOT correct any pre-existing mechanical deficiencies of a cooling system.
Distilled water should not be used in straight water-cooling systems with aluminum radiators. Filtered drinking water or tap water is recommended for such cooling systems.
Is Purple Ice compatible with other cooling system additives?
Purple Ice should not be used with other heat-transfer or cooling enhancing products or “water wetters”. If such a product has been used in the cooling system, the system should be drained and flushed before using Purple Ice.
Purple Ice is compatible with cooling system additives intended to stop or slow leaks. Please note that such stop-leak products often typically put a coating on the interior surfaces of the cooling system, so the effects of Purple Ice may be diminished.
Is Purple Ice compatible with anti-freeze in my car?
Purple Ice is compatible with all current OEM/factory and major brand automotive anti-freeze. This includes traditional green ethylene glycols, as well as OAT/HOAT antifreezes (e.g. DexCool; Ford and Chrysler orange, gold, pink; European and Japanese OEM red, pink, etc.).
What water/anti-freeze concentration is recommended when using Purple Ice?
Purple Ice may be added to any anti-freeze/water mix; however, testing has shown higher water concentrations yield greater cooling benefits. While Purple Ice does contain corrosion inhibitors as well as lubricants to compensate for a lower anti-freeze/water concentration, Royal Purple recommends a minimum of 20 percent antifreeze concentration be used in street driven vehicles because Purple Ice has no effect on the boiling and/or freezing point of water.
How much Purple Ice do I need to add to my cooling system?
When using Purple Ice with an antifreeze/water mix, Royal Purple recommends adding 1 ounce of Purple Ice per quart of cooling system capacity. For straight water (racing) applications, Royal Purple recommends adding 2 ounces of Purple Ice per quart of cooling system capacity.
How often should I add Purple Ice to my radiator?
When used with antifreeze, Purple Ice should be added once a year or every 30,000 miles, whichever comes first, in order to maintain proper performance. When using Purple Ice in a cooling system running straight water, Purple Ice should be added once a year or every 15,000 miles, whichever comes first.
Will adding too much Purple Ice harm my cooling system?
No. A higher concentration of Purple Ice than recommended won’t offer any additional cooling benefit nor will it have any adverse effects on the engine or cooling system.
Can Purple Ice be used in diesel engines?
Yes. Purple Ice may be used in diesel engines for improved heat transfer as well as reduced cavitation.
2. Genuine Ford Fluid VC-8 Diesel Cooling System Additive – 16 oz.
- Replaces fluorescent green-colored V119 premium antifreeze/coolant meeting Ford specification ESE-M97B44-A
- Replaces yellow-colored Motorcraft gold antifreeze/coolant meeting Ford specification WSS-M97B51-A1
- Designed to replace additives depleted between coolant change-outs
- Now dyed yellow to eliminate engine coolant color change when mixing
- Genuine OEM
3. Bar’s Leaks J-100 Professional DiFM Cooling System Treatment, 5-Gram Tablets
If you are a car enthusiast and know your way around under the hood, you might want to try our professional-series DiFM Professional Cooling System Treatment tablets. They are the perfect product to use any time you are servicing the cooling system, including parts replacement, flush and fills. This product inhibits the formation of rust and scale, keeps the system clean, neutralizes pH imbalance, controls electrolysis, lubricates and seals internal, external and coolant-to-oil leaks. These tablets fully dissolve in minutes and are harmless to ALL plastic, metals, aluminum, hoses and connections. It’s the strongest and most innovative treatment we make. We engineer our products to be the fastest and safest to use, so you can rest assured that these tablets will successfully protect your vehicle’s cooling system. Give them a try and get your show back on the road. But one of the best things about our cooling system treatment is that you don’t have to be a car expert to use it. At Bar’s Leaks, we specialize in developing coolant seals and other automotive solutions that are fast, effective, affordable and straightforward for everyday drivers to use. If you see a puddle underneath your car and worry about the time and money it’ll take to fix, Bar’s Leaks is your source for cooling system treatments and other products. Our coolant seal treatment inhibits the formation of rust and scale, keeps the system clean, neutralizes pH imbalance, controls electrolysis and lubricates and seals internal, external and coolant-to-oil leaks. These tablets fully dissolve in minutes and are harmless to ALL plastic, metals, aluminum, hoses and connections. It’s the strongest and most innovative treatment we make. We engineer our products to be the fastest and safest to use, so you can rest assured that these tablets will successfully protect your vehicle’s cooling system. We offer a team of top-flight chemical engineers who are always looking for ways to improve our cooling system treatment seal and other products in service to everyday drivers like you. Before you spend the time and money to visit a mechanic for a coolant seal or treatment, discover an affordable and effective option through Bar’s Leaks. Give us a try and get your show back on the road.
4. Lubegard 96001 Kool-It Supreme Coolant Treatment, 16 oz.
- Protects all metals from chemical electrolysis
- Provides unsurpassed cooling system corrosion protection
- Enhances heat transfer and reduces operating temperatures
- Prevents deposits and contamination which lead to overheating
- Only coolant protectant with built-in pH indicator
- pH indicator for use in straight water applications
KOOL-IT Supreme Coolant Treatment is chemically engineered to reduce the surface tension of a coolant, thus allowing it to more deeply penetrate metal surfaces at vital heat transfer areas. This decreases operating temperatures and significantly reduces the possibility of engine overheating.
KOOL-IT is ideal for: Cars, Trucks, RV’s, Towing applications and Racing/performance vehicles.
Enhances heat transfer and reduces operating temperatures
Extends coolant life up to 5 years
Prevents cooling system corrosion
Protects all metals from electrolysis
Prevents deposits which lead to overheating
Reduces wet-sleeve cylinder liner cavitation erosion
This product does not contain ethylene glycol.
5. Red Line (80204) Water Wetter – Engine Coolant Additives (12 PK Case)
- CUTTING EDGE TECHNOLOGY – We at Red Line created this industry, pushing bubbles out of the way to ensure efficient & effective engine cooling
- ULTIMATE COOLING PERFORMANCE – Coolant additive with a unique agent that lowers temperatures by reducing and eliminating bubbles or vapor barrier that form on hot metal surfaces
- PERFORM & PROTECT – Waterwetter protects from rust & corrosion, allowing the use of straight water in racing or reduced antifreeze levels in warm climates
- EASY TO USE – Use one bottle for most cars & light trucks, treats 3 to 5 gallons. Larger cooling systems should use 2 bottles
- small cooling systems should use 1oz per quart
- WHY RED LINE – Established in 1979, Red Line Products perform & protect better than any on the market. No compromises
6. Bar’s Leaks 1150-4PK Cooling System Repair – 16.9 oz, (Pack of 4)
Bar’s Leaks Cooling System Repair has twice the performance of other products by not only stopping cooling system leaks, but adding future protection. Reinforced with carbon fiber. The result is reduced coolant temperature, antifreeze loss and no leaks or overheating. Works with all types and colors of antifreeze coolant and/or water.
7. SUBARU SOA635071 OEM Coolant System Conditioner
Genuine SOA635071 Engine Coolant AdditiveNo Core Charge RequiredParts Interchange SOA635071, SOA635071, 97149003001, 971 49003 001
8. Motul 847405 Mocool Radiator Additive – 500 ml
This top engine cooling additive reduces engine temperature by 15 degree centigrade (30 degree Fahrenheit) and has outstanding thermal exchange. This is a concentrated cooling fluid that can be used on any cooling system of bikes, cars, ATVs etc. when overheating is observed or in racing conditions to decrease engine operating temperature. MoCool does not provide any antifreeze protection. It improves thermal exchange and engine cooling system efficiency. This cooling system gives optimal protection against corrosion and is recommended for magnesium, aluminium alloys cases, cast iron, copper, brass and bronze systems. Water pump protection is done to avoid cavitation. Anti-corrosion properties remain even while at high temperatures and ageing. Low corrosion properties inhibits consumption. The additive is completly friendly to seals, rubber pipes, and plastics parts. It is to be noted that some racing regulation do not allow anything else than pure water. Hence if any doubt, check with race official organization before using MoCool.
9. ATD Tools 3300 Cooling System Pressure Test Kit
The ATD pressure test kit quickly reveals external cooling system leaks, as well as detect internal engine leaks caused by blown head gaskets and cracked block or heads. Kit includes high quality hand pump and 12 adapters to fit the most popular domestic and import cars and light trucks.
10. Mityvac MV4529 Cooling System Pressure Tester
- Hand operated pump builds pressure quickly to locate leaks in automotive cooling systems
- Includes adapter for connecting to bayonet style radiator and coolant bottle necks found on many US and foreign manufactured automobiles
- Connects directly to stant style adapters with no conversion adapter is required
- Convenient push-button valve safely relieves pressure when testing is complete
- Additional adapters available for most all makes and models of cars and light trucks
The Mityvac MV4529 Cooling System Pressure Tester quickly reveals external cooling system leaks, and detects internal leaks caused by a blown head gasket, or cracked block or head. The kit comes complete with a high-quality pressure pump and one (1) adapter for connecting to bayonet style radiator and coolant bottle necks found on many US and foreign manufactured automobiles.
By our suggestions above, we hope that you can found Cooling System Additve for you.Please don’t forget to share your experience by comment in this post. Thank you!